Thursday, February 26, 2015

Deployment number… I forgot how many!

Is it sad that I don't even know how many deployments Jack and I have been through?  I think it's 5, but do you count the half of one he did that was 3 months or so?  Air force counts a deployment as 3 months, but Jack doesn't count that one, so I don't know.

Anyway, Jack has volunteered for a deployment to Germany that starts in May… well, the training starts in May.  He leaves for Germany later June.  He volunteered because there was an IA hanging over the squadrons head and the skipper was going to make his selection on who was gonna go until it actually arrived and then if he was chosen, he'd have no choice in the matter.  It would most likely be on the ground in a war zone.  We decided to take control over our fate and volunteer for something much less dangerous and maybe even quite enjoyable.  The kids and I plan to go visit for the summer for a few weeks or a month or whatever we decide.  It will be a great experience for them.

I, obviously, have some anxiety about 9 months of doing it all on my own over here, but thankfully we didn't decide to move and I have my family here to help, so it could be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment